Monday, March 5, 2012

Tag You're It...Blogger Style!

All right folks, I've been tagged -- TWICE!!  So I'm going to answer 22 questions, but just ask 11 and pick 11 fellow bloggers.  Kadie of Seven Alive " and Marilyn of 4 You With Love tagged" me.  Both are fantastic bloggers with fun sites that I've had a fun time getting to know a little better lately.  

 RULES**You must post the rules {?!}
**Answer the 11 questions that the tagger posted for you & then create 11 questions to ask the people you’ve tagged
**Tag 11 people and link them in your post
**Let them know you have tagged them


Why not?!  Here goes!



What is the last book you read, or are currently reading?
Last read - The Seventeen Second Miracle
Currently Reading - The Hiding Place by Corrie Ten Boom, GREAT BOOK!
I organize a book club in my area so I usually  have one I'm working on. :)


What is your all time favorite movie and why?
There are lots of movies that I love!!  A few that seem to stand the test of time are Singing in the Rain, Pirates of Penzance, and Joe vs. the Volcano.  Yes, you read that last one right.  It's just silly good fun. :)

Would you rather dress up and go out to eat or stay home?

Most days, stay at home.  Especially if someone else is planning the meal!  But it's always nice to go out on occasion.

How much time do you spend on the computer a day?

Yikes, I don't know that I want to think about this.  Probably 2ish hours.  Most of it happens in the morning before my little one wakes up and after she goes to bed.

What is your favorite city or town, you have visited, and why?

BOSTON!!  I lived there for a summer and LOVED it!  I loved the history, the people watching, the food, the entertainment.  My favorite thing to do was get off at a random T-stop and wander around the surrounding neighborhood.  I saw some of the coolest things that way!

Are you a cake or pie person?

Both!  Why limit ourselves!

If time, money, and kids were not a factor and you could go anywhere in the world, where would it be?

Italy.  That's where my mom's family is from (paternal side).  I'd love to go see the little town they were from and do some sightseeing around the country.  We need to get my mom there some day.

You are on a beautiful beach, warm sun and sand.  Are you most likely to build a sand castle, or swim in the ocean?

BOTH!  Swim in the ocean, then play in the sand to dry off and warm up!

What is your favorite book?

The Book Thief and The Count of Monte Cristo were the first two that came to mind.  Both are excellent reads!

What is your favorite type of food, Italian, Mexican, or Chinese?

Italian, but I like all three kinds. :)

What is your favorite drink?

That would be either Horchata or a Blue Curacoa Italian Soda.  I'm now thirsty and hungry for some reason...


What was your favorite childhood toy?
Probably Legos.  My brother and I were masters at having them spread out between several rooms.  (I'm sure my mom LOVED that!)  And there was nothing better than getting a big new set for Christmas.  And truth be told, I still love 'em!

What is your favorite color?

RED!

What made you decide to start a blog?

After looking at other people's I had the "I can do that!" moment that so many of us have had.

Where were you born?

Little ol' Brigham City, Utah.

What's your favorite food?

There are so many yummy things I love to eat, but lately I've really been wanting sticky rice with mango from a good Thai restaurant.

Are you a morning or night person?

Night, but due to my husband's work schedule I don't stay up late anymore.  Unless he's out of town. 


If you could be an animal what would you be and why?
I've always loved dolphins.  They seem so happy and are amazing swimmers.

What color are your eyes?

Blue!  That's one trait my little girl go from me.

How many siblings do you have and what is your birthorder?  (are you the oldest, baby, etc?

2 brothers and 4 sisters.  I'm the youngest.  Not the baby, the youngest. :)

How long have you been blogging?

Uh, only 4 months.  I'm pretty new at all of this!

How many blogs do you write?

1 1/2.  I started a military wife one, but haven't spent much time on it...


Okay here's who I'm tagging:


Terry - These Peas Taste Funny
Kelley - The Grant Life
Jill - Two Yellow Birds Decor
Laura - Corner House
Melanie - Bear Rabbit Bear
Laura - Along for the Ride
Kristi - I Should be Mopping the Floor
Rachel - Stitched in Color
Linda - A Maiden Hair Fern
Amy - New Nostalgia

Amanda Jean - Crazy Mom Quilts

(I have to admit, when thinking of 11 people to tag I felt a little sheepish.  I feel like so many of you are out of my bloggers "league," but you all have blogs I love to look at.  Please look at this as a compliment!)




And here's their questions!
1. What baby name did you love, but didn't get to use because your spouse hated it?  (If you're not in the married and having kids phase of life, just tell us what one of your favorite names is!)
2. What pre-kid indulgence do you miss the most?
3. What's your favorite TV show?
4. What's your favorite holiday?
5. Mac or PC?
6. How long have you been blogging for?
7. What blogger do you most look up to?
8. What's your favorite season?
9. If you could live in any time period, which one would you choose?
10. Is your house really as clean and organized as your blog pictures make it look? :) (You all know what I'm talking about.)
11. If you money were no problem, what is the first thing you would splurge on?


This is all just for fun so if I tagged you and you'd rather not participate, no problem.  Also, there are so many lovely blogs out there.  If I didn't tag you, and you'd like to get others to know you better, write your answers in the comments along with your blog address so we can find you!

6 comments:

  1. I'll have to look up The Book Thief. I do book club too and haven't seen that one. Thanks for tagging me. I'll answer one here....

    11. If you money were no problem, what is the first thing you would splurge on?

    A cleaning service. More time to sew/homeschool and less stress! But they'd have to come at least 2 times a week to really make it worth it =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I LOVED The Book Thief! In fact, maybe it's time to read it again...

      And I love what you would splurge on!

      Delete
  2. Great Post!! It is so fun getting to know each other a little better this way. Good for you to answer all 22 questions!! I LOVE Boston too I lived there for a year as a nanny. It was so much fun. Thanks for playing along.:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw! A fellow Boston lover! I always dream of going back...one day. :) Thanks for tagging me!

      Delete
  3. Thanks for playing along...It's great to getting to know you better!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!